Lakshmi Hair Brush
Incorporating the AKASHA Lakshmi Hair Brush into your wellness routine helps to promote healthy, living hair and a healthy scalp. It's suitable for all types of hair as well as for sensitive scalps. Below we share with you information about how to use your AKASHA Lakshmi Hair Brush for optimal results.
The Spiritual Power of Our Hair
The hair on our heads is living, not dead. It is directly linked to our nerve system and contains a great deal of energetic and spiritual power. Our hair also sits atop the crown chakra, which is the seat of our connection to the divine. It is a channel for prana to flow into our heads and our bodies. Across centuries and around the world, many cultures and religions, including Native American beliefs, Eastern yogic traditions have recognized the spiritual power of the hair. Caring for your hair in a conscious manner that acknowledges its sacred power is an important aspect of self-love for well-being on all levels.
Correct and consistent brushing with the Lakshmi Hair Brush provides deep cleansing and restoration as energy blockages are dissolved and positive energy nurtured. With every stroke of the brush, the mind and body can let go more and more.
We recommend brushing with the Lakshmi Hair Brush twice a day: once in the morning and once at night.
- Stand with your feet parallel to your shoulders, bend your head below the level of the heart, and apply the brush with its broad surface to the back of the neck below the hairline.
- The bristle surface must always lie flat, in complete contact with the scalp and the hair, to avoid breaking off the bristles at the sides.
- In this way, with slow and even pressure, draw the brush through the hair, from back to front, until you feel some resistance.
- Then bring the brush back to the hairline and continue brushing from every part of the scalp until you can draw the brush all the way to the tips of your hair without difficulty. After each stroke of the brush, use your free hand to smooth the brushed hair, to prevent static electricity.
- Having now brushed your hair over your head to the front, bring your head back to an upright, straight position, and brush your hair toward the back in the same way as you did toward the front, beginning at the forehead.
- Proceed in the same way as in the morning, however, brush only from front to back, as this has a calming effect on the body. Brushing the hair back to front has a stimulating effect.
Benefits of the Lakshmi Hair Brush
- Revives in the morning, relaxes in the evening.
- Stimulates the muscles of the scalp, revitalizes the hair, giving it a fuller appearance.
- Stimulates vivid shine and vibrant color.
- Prevents dryness and reduces splitting.
- Massages the scalp, stimulating blood circulation and reducing tension.
- Purges and cleanses the scalp.
- Brushing stimulates a dry scalp to produce more natural oils, and balances an oily scalp by dispersing oil throughout the hair.
If you have dandruff, it means your scalp needs to be cleansed. Regular and thorough brushing can help your scalp breathe. If your scalp becomes more oily after you begin the regular brushing practice, keep going. This will adjust and the scalp will find its natural balance within 3 to 4 weeks. Also, if your hair feels lifeless, brushing and use of the AKASHA Sacred hair products and oils can bring it back to life.
Care & Cleaning of the Lakshmi Hair Brush
After every use, remove hair and other dissolved refuse from the brush. About every 3-4 weeks, clean it with warm water and Agni Shampoo, in the following manner:
- Fill a bowl or wash basin with water.
- Put a small amount of shampoo in the palm of your hand and rub the bristles of the brush over it.
- Pat the brush, bristles pointing downward, on the surface of the water.
- Rinse brush well under running water; the water should not run directly into the brush.
- The brush is best dried lying bristles down on a towel (Note: Do NOT place it on a radiator).
Hair Care & Styling Products
AKASHA Sacred Hair Care and styling products are ideally suited for use with the Lakshmi Hair Brush. Go to Sacred Beauty Hair Care to view the entire collection.